Chemical peels are used to exfoliate surface skin, revealing a smoother and more naturally attractive tone. With a chemical peel, we can address multiple cosmetic concerns such as:
- Acne scars
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Pigmentation irregularities
- Sun and age spots
- Enlarged pores
- Uneven skin tone
Chemical Peel Treatment Frequency
There are four levels of chemical peel:
- Very Superficial Chemical Peels. These utilize enzymes to gently exfoliate dead skin cells from the treatment area. There is no downtime with these chemical peels and treatment can be repeated every few weeks as needed.
- Superficial Chemical Peels. The most popular type of peel, these utilize AHAs, BHAs, and similarly gentle exfoliants to remove the epidermis. This type of peel may result in mild discomfort, but most people find a full return to “normal” takes only a few days. It is safe to repeat superficial chemical peels every two to three weeks as needed.
- Medium Chemical Peels. For more pronounced improvement in skin tone and texture, a medium peel may be recommended. Initial recovery from these deeper peels may take up to fourteen days, but redness can remain for up to one month. Medium chemical peels can be repeated every three to six months as needed.
- Deep Chemical Peel. Deep chemical peels can produce significant results, but may also cause swelling, pain, redness, and other issues for several weeks. Full recovery from a deep peel may take six months or more. You should only have one deep chemical peel. This treatment is not safe to repeat multiple times.
Our Chemical Peels
We offer three types of chemical peel at Farrell Plastic Surgery & Laser Center. Our enzyme peels are the perfect introduction to chemical peels and offer a safe and reliable way to refresh your appearance. The Jessner’s Peel utilizes a combination of lactic acid, salicylic acid, and resorcinol to penetrate slightly deeper while remaining superficial. The Perfect 10 Peel is a medium depth chemical peel that is safe for sensitive, normal, and tolerant skin patients.
Chemical peels work well on their own. They can be enhanced through microdermabrasion and other nonsurgical treatments. We can discuss this in greater detail during your initial consultation.
Call Farrell Plastic Surgery & Laser Center at 717-732-9000 and schedule a consultation today. Located in Mechanicsburg, we serve all surrounding areas of Pennsylvania.